Saturday, June 5, 2010

Want It

After being stuck in the house all winter with a newborn baby, I was so looking forward to summer, and the warm weather activities that we could do with Nikolas. One of these activities included taking him on bike rides. Anyone who knows me knows how much I love being on my bike. I'm the type of girl who looks forward to that first ride in the spring; the ride where the ultimate goal is to find puddles and mud and dirt and get as dirty as possible, and have as much fun as I can while doing it.

In 2 years, I've been on my bike a total of 1 time. That was last summer, and by then I was so pregnant, my legs were hitting my belly as I peddled.

Much to my disapointment, I discovered that kids cannot ride on bicycles, or any bicycle accessory (carriers, mounted seats) until they are at least 1 year old. The reason for this is that the child needs to be able to sit well and carry the weight of a helmet on his or her head. I guess bike-riding with Nikolas will have to wait until next summer.

I came across this product, and it looks really cool! The iBert safe-T-seat was designed by a Mom for kids ages one to four, it allows for better interaction than trailers and other seats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails