Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Who Cut the Cheese?

I am about to go there. I am going to tell a fart story. This is your warning.

It’s inevitable. Fart jokes become the norm in a person’s household. Especially when there are boys involved. Well, now Nikolas is in on the joke.

Of course, since he was a little baby, we’d always stick out our tongue and make raspberry noises at him. It caught on quickly, and has become one of his favourites. In fact, it’s often how I’m greeted in the morning.

Me: “Good morning sweetie! Time to rise and shine!”

Nikolas: “BBBllllttthhhhhhh”

Or even more recently, on a 3 hour road trip to a family event, I was desperate to entertain the little guy. So what did I pull out? That’s right...I pulled out the “pull my finger” joke. Nikolas, by the way, thinks this is hilarious. He will now randomly run up to me, and pull my finger, just waiting for that sounds that makes him giggle so much.

Well, tonight topped them all. I was putting Nikolas down to bed and as he was settling in, lying on his stomach, he let loose a huge, loud FART. Never ever before has this kid ever acknowledged the fart. This time, he immediately looked up at me, and giggled like crazy.

What a milestone. My son and I laughed together over a fart for the first time. I am confident it won’t be the last.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails