Monday, October 11, 2010

MIA

Just about a month ago, my maternity leave ended and I went back to work 3 days a week. Life has once again undergone a big change and we’re trying to adjust to the new way things are.

I really made sure to take advantage of the last few weeks that I got to spend every day with Nikolas, and to not be woken up at 5:30 by an alarm clock...and hitting snooze just isn’t an option anymore.  Now that golf season is winding down, Matt is home in the mornings, so helps out with getting Nikolas up and out the door, which helps so much. But, it’s been a pretty big change in our lives and let’s face it, I’m now even more busy that I used to be.

Nikolas is doing great at his day home, despite the fact that he’s been sick for almost a month straight now. (Yayy germs!) He doesn’t cry when I drop him off and he’s always happy to see me at the end of the day when I pick him up.  The lady who watches him is great and she’s always amazed at what a good eater he is.

It’s nice being at work and spending some time in an adult environment. I’m enjoying having time to be me for a little bit before I return home and am inundated with a dog, a baby and a husband to take care of, supper to cook and try to fit in going to gym somewhere in there. But we’re adjusting and trying to find a groove that works well for us.

It’s only 4 more days until Nikolas turns ONE YEAR OLD. I can’t believe a year has gone by already and that our little boy is growing up so fast.  We’re just having a low-key BBQ for his birthday, but there’s still lots of planning and shopping that needs to get done by the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails