Thursday, October 28, 2010

Birthday Boy!

The past few weeks, I’ve been doing alot of reflecting on the past year, and really wondering where the time has gone. To think that a year ago, we were just beginning to adjust to this tiny little boy who we compared to an ewok – based only on the little noises he made, and now we are playing games and teaching him body parts.


Our conversations have gone from “but he ate only 2 hours ago...how can he be hungry again???” to “oh my god...look...he’s walking!” It has been such a ride of ups and downs, and in the beginning everyone would say it gets easier, and I’d get so frustrated, and say “When!? When does it get easier?!” But sure enough, as each month goes by, I think to myself, “this is the best age”. And it really does get easier. Or maybe now we’re just more confident in what we’re doing and let’s face it....we’re getting alot more sleep than we did in the beginning.



For Nikolas’ birthday, I wanted to keep the celebrations small and to include only some family and friends to join us. I wanted it to be simple and stress-free. And it was! It turned out to be the perfect day. I can’t believe how fast my little monkey is growing up!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails