Monday, July 5, 2010

30 Days of Gratitude: Day 6

Ok, it's true. I am almost a week behind in posting my gratitude. Today should actually be day 11. There was almost a post a few nights ago, when I was laying in bed with my iPhone and posting 6 things I was grateful for, because at that time, I was only 1 day behind. Just as I was finishing my post, I dropped my phone, and my whole post got wiped out! So much for saving as I work. It was late, I was tired, so instead of rewriting my post, I said screw it, and went to sleep.

So here we are. There is one important lesson that I've learned from being a mother: it's almost impossible to get something done from start to finish in the original time period you've given yourself. Something always comes up or gets in the way. I so easily lose focus nowadays because I have so much on the go and I'm multi-tasking like crazy. A year ago, it would have driven me crazy. Now, I just take it in stride.I don't start anything that can't be worked on in bits and pieces. To take even an hour to dedicate to one task is a rarity. Except for sleep. I can manage to do that for hours at a time!

I digress...

So today I go back to day 6.

Today, I am grateful for:

1. Being able to witness the incredible development in Nikolas in the past couple of weeks. It is amazing to see him do new things daily. It is so hard to keep up!

2. My Chi hair straightener.

3. The summer session of my PPD support group starting up. It felt like a long two weeks since the spring session ended and I missed those girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails